Linux Desktop Wallet Support

Dear Auxilium Community,

You can download your desktop wallet at https://auxilium.global/wallet-downloads

:spiral_notepad: Please notice that the desktop wallets are for safe keeping of AUX and transactions of AUX only. Smart contract functionality will be available later. We advice not to use this functionality until further notice. Always make sure you make a back-up of your keystore file(s).

You might find your answer to your Linux Desktop Wallet support question(s) in this topic. Everyone who is member of the forum can read and reply. It is therefore possible for community members to help each other out.

If you still have a question related to this topic please post a reply explaining your question or problem as clear as possible in one comment (no need to post multiple comments!).

We try to answer you within 24 hours. It could well be a community member answers your question before we get time to offer support. In some cases we will message you through a direct message. Sending us direct message is not possible.

Kind regards,

Auxilium Team

Auxilium network status: :white_check_mark:

Coins safe on blockchain: :white_check_mark:

Want to make sure your AUX are safe on the blockchain? explore.auxilium.global

FAQs

Please take into consideration that the wallet also needs to interact properly with your computer and internet connection and vice versa. Your computer and internet settings could be resulting in the wallet not being able to synchronise for instance. Let’s try to solve all questions together.

:grey_question: How long does it take to sync to the network?
:arrow_right_hook: The wallet needs to import all previous blocks (blocks contain transactions/information) to the wallet in order to show the correct balance. The longer the blockchain (i.e. more blocks) the longer it can take to sync your wallet. It should not take much longer than a few minutes.

:grey_question: I only have 1 peer, is this enough?
:arrow_right_hook: Yes, it should be. With Auxilium Proof of Authority all peers are live 24/7. With a growing community we’ll monitor the connectivity and increase the amount of peers if necessary.

:grey_question: I’m getting a pop-up about node4 not able to connect, what to do?
:arrow_right_hook: Your computer could not directly connect to the Auxilium network. This sometimes happens. There can be many reasons for this message to pop-up. A regular restart of the wallet normally resolves the problem.

:grey_question: Restarting my wallet does not help connecting to the Auxilium network (I’m still getting the node4 pop-up), what to do?
:arrow_right_hook: It could be your wallet is a little bit confused, looking in the wrong place and therefore has some problems finding a connection. To help the wallet a bit you can close your wallet, delete the Geth folder, and restart the wallet.

:grey_question: My balance is zero, have I lost my coins?
:arrow_right_hook: No, unless you have deleted your keyfile(s). Always make a back-up of your keystore folder. And of course don’t forget your password. If the balance in the wallet does not show the correct amount of AUX, the wallet is most likely not synchronised with the network.

1. Go to https://explore.auxilium.global to check the actual balance on your AUX-address.
  2. Compare the latest block on https://explore.auxilium.global to the block in your wallet. If they are not the same (or far off) the wallet is not synced.

:grey_question: Where can I see my balance without using the wallet?
:arrow_right_hook: https://explore.auxilium.global is the Auxilium blockchain explorer. This explorer can tell you exactly how many AUX is on your address.

:grey_question: How do I get rewards?
:arrow_right_hook: Everyone with AUX coins on an address in the desktop wallet will receive interest every 1st day of the month. Read more about the Auxilium Interest Distribution Platform on https://auxilium.global/aux-cryptocurrency/#interest-distribution-platform

:grey_question: Do I need to keep my wallet connected to earn rewards?
:arrow_right_hook: No. Once you added AUX to a desktop wallet address you can close the wallet, and shut down your computer. The interest is distributed over the blockchain and does not require any additional action or knowledge from the AUX-holder.

:grey_question: I still have problems after reading the FAQs and previous comments and solutions, what to do?
:arrow_right_hook: Please add your support question as a comment below. We’ll try and help you as soon as possible.

After I gave up on trying to have the wallet on windows because so many issues happened, I gave a try on linux. Everything seems to work on Linux32, all blocks are also sync. However, It takes forever to generate an account.

How much time should I wait for generating an account ? Or just another bug… I am close to give up for good on Auxilium…

Here the error I got when I started manually the wallet and I tried to generate an account. Everything else works and blocks get sync and updated.

After I try to generate an account:
[ERROR] (ui: popupWindow) - connection not open on send()

Hi @Thurgun I think @James can help you best with this. I’m sure once he is online (please take into consideration we have different timezones) he will try and support you with your question about the Linux wallet.